Your customers have a better chance of finding a bog man than they do your website, if your site's outdated.
That's because Google feeds on freshness, says Michael Brenner, CEO of Marketing Insider Group.
And because freshness equals relevance to Google, you have to keep your site fresh. You need to:
- Attract new backlinks from other (authoritative) sites.
- Add new pages to your site (20-30% more each year).
- Publish new content consistently.
- Freshen up your old content regularly, revising outdated statements, fixing broken links, adding new visuals, etc.
- Encourage and respond to comments.
Your old content may once have been king. Today it's just a curiosity.