Nearly 3 million blog posts are published every day. How can you assure yours will be noticed?
Take these 12 hints to heart:
- Tackle an evergreen topic. (Readers never tire of fundamentals. Good to Great is 16 years old; How to Win Friends and Influence People, 81).
- Seek to be of service to a target audience.
- Write a brief, quirky headline that promises you'll solve a problem.
- Write a short, informative lede that grabs readers' attention.
- Use a simple style.
- Use research to prove your points.
- Use visuals to engage readers.
- Include outbound links to authoritative content.
- Seek to produce something better (more readable, current, accurate, in-depth, practical, original, targeted) than the million other posts on the topic.
- Write a post that's no longer than it needs to be.
- Proofread your post.
- Above all, make readers feel good.