While conference planners take pride in staging profitable "first-run" events, unlike the creators of Seinfeld, most turn their backs on the profits to be made from "re-runs."
"Commercial event producers, corporate conference organizers and professional associations can all benefit from reusing conference content."
A few include:
- Marketing packaged proceedings to non-attendees.
- Reusing visuals from technical presentations in online tutorials for newcomers to the field.
- Delivering "gamified" online training modules to team members of attendees' organizations who do not attend the conference.
- Offering an e-book compiled from transcripts of the keynotes to promote a future conference.
- Offering an e-book that collects the best presentations from the same field to create inroads into niche markets.
- Publishing a series of blog posts based on the abstracts from a set of related technical papers, to spotlight an industry issue or trend.