- Tests by Hubspot confirm the long-established fact that Google rewards blog posts 2,500 or more words in length.
- Tests by Neil Patel prove posts of 1,500 or more words capture 68% more Tweets and 23% more Facebook likes than shorter ones.
- Tests by Buzzsumo show Facebook posts linked to long blog posts receive 40% more interactions than Facebook posts linked to short blog posts.
- In 1863, at the dedication ceremony for the national cemetery at Gettysburg, Secretary of State Edward Everett delivered a 13,607-word address to the crowd.
- Immediately following Everett, President Lincoln delivered a 272-word address.